- One of my coworkers adopted two dogs, and brought them in to work for a bit. They had to be adopted as a pair, because they panic when separated. They’re rather adorable: http://yfrog.com/65m0zzj and http://yfrog.com/g0aqxgj.
- And once again I remember the definition of envy. A woman, not incredibly wealthy or anything, managed to secure a long-term lease on a completely impossible loft. She got it at market rate for apartments in her city… and you’ll understand why that’s insane if you follow the link: http://www.nytimes.com/slideshow/2010/10/20/garden/21WHOss.html
- A few “making of” shots from the second box. While all the props were done years ago, I never made labels for a bunch of them. So I had to print, age and attach new labels. Step one, take a bunch of crappy tea that you don’t want to drink, and boil it up all at once: http://yfrog.com/c81rktj
- Step 2, photoshop up and print out a bunch of labels: http://yfrog.com/151qgj
- Step 3, soak the labels in tea slurry then lay out with tea still on top and let dry (this only works for laser printed paper): http://yfrog.com/n8ihaxj
- Step 4, Attach labels to various bits of the project via ModPodge: http://yfrog.com/julh7kj and http://yfrog.com/11u1nhj
- As an aside, I’d suggest reading “The greatest science-fiction story ever written” is two pages of genius: